CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Sunday Night Service

Sorry, I haven't blogged in a while, I've been way too lazy. Anyway, this whole blogging thing is pretty cool. But Nathan, if you are reading this, your blog is a little icky. You should go to pyzam.com and find a cool background, that is where all of us got our backgrounds, but keep it up!

Anyway, I went to Riverview Baptist Church on Sunday night (which is where Olivia goes). The service wasn't wierd or anything, but it was alot different than what I was used to. The congregation only sang one or two songs, the choir sang one, the youth girls sang another, and a group of three ladies sang one too. They had testimony time where people could come and talk about thier expierence at Pastor School, whatever that is. (It sounds like a big convention and kids can go). Some girl started to cry, which was sad but cute. The church has like five pastors and they take turns talking about things before thier senior pastor preaches for the last twenty minutes or so.

I don't agree with all the churches rules, like the girls can't where pants and can't play sports, but I have to admit that church is doing something right becuase they have alot of salvations, and on Sunday, onver 700 kids went to thier afternoon event, they gave out fish or something. Overall it was okay, but they have some very passionate people in thier congregation, which is soemthing, i'm sad to say, you don't see at RBC.

3 comments:

vAdA said...

ya...that church has some wacky rules...but they are still a good church.
Vada

Brooke said...

I kind-of feel bad for Olivia, but that is really cool about the whole salvation things! That is really neat!

emmajess said...

i don't think i could stand the whole no pants and no sports thing! i would go CRAZY! it's still a way cool church though!