Today was my first day of Drivers Ed, and I went into knowing it was going to be bad but was confident enough to plow through it anyway. For those of you that have not yet experienced it yet, let me tell you, its as bad as people make it out to be. For two hours we sat in this ugly, whitewashed room with run down tables and read a pamplet, after which we answered the questions that went along with what we read. First of all, some of the questions were unclear and some of them i had no idea what the answer was, so I had to guess.
Now, for the record, my instructor, Craig, is a really nice guy. But the man who led us tonight is a trainee instructor so Craig let him lead us in the answers. His name is Mr. Winks, isn't that just a horrible name? Well, unlike Craig, Mr. Winks didn't seem very nice. Think about this, one of the questions went like this:
"You are going down the highway at seventy miles an hour, and you are in the far right lane,a car is trying to merge from an on ramp. What conflicts could occur?"
The first answer that came to me was simple: you could collide.
Mr. Winks called on me to answer the question in front of the class, so I did. But he just laughed and said "I hope you didn't put that on your paper!"
Well you know what... I did! Whatever. Anyway, so now I'm really grouchy, as you can prolly tell. But the good thing is that I have much much more driving expierence than any of the other kids, i have highway experience and night driving experience... so i'll show him.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Drivers Ed is icky
Posted by lacey lou at 8:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
that guy's not very nice! but i know that you'll show him! hope u have a better day tomarrow! c u l8r!
Ok, well, I am going to have to disagree with you! I like Drivers Ed, and my teacher is the best! She rocks! All of the kids in our class have to answer out loud too and sometimes kids guess 3 or 4 different answers before thhey get the right one, but that is why we are all in dirvers Ed!!!!!!! To learn, the things that we didn't know before!!! Besides, I don't think you should judge the whole class after just one day, give it some time, right?? Well if not than you can just stick to the fact that I am so abnormal for liking Drivers Ed!! *giggle*
Mr. Winks, dosn't that kind-of sound like "Claude Tinkle" in my Jenna story???? Hey it would be a good name for a character in a book though!!
Cyah!
Brooke
Ya, he seems like a cranky guy!! Well, I KNO u will show him!! U GO!!!
I gunna call him Mr. Tinkle to you guys now, otay? and Brooke, i totally thought of that too.
Yeah, now that i think about what i said I hope I didn't make you made, I was just voicing my thoughts! Luv Yah!
ok, have fun with that.
I think that the thing to really get scared about is..... LACEY AND BROOKE DRIVING!!! AAAAAACK! ;) Can't wait to hitch a ride with you guys soon! Luv Ya =P
wow lacy its hard to imagine you driving. actually not really. i like the mr. tinkle name. so when ever he makes fun of you, just think of mr. tinkle and laugh you heart out (just not in front of him though).
Post a Comment